STEVE ROGERS ll CAPTAIN AMERICA ll THE FIRST AVENGER ll 6’ 2” ll 220 LBS ll NEW YORK, NEW YORK ll BLOND HAIR ll BLUE EYES
Once a scrawny and somewhat depressing art student, Steve was eager to enlist in the US military after learning of Nazi Germany’s atrocities. However, with little physical ability and a few health issues to go off of, he was rejected. Instead, Steve was contacted by a more secretive group known as ‘Operation: Rebirth.’ Steve eagerly accepted, and upon induction was given the first dose of Super Soldier Serum. This, complete with some Vita-Rays ended up speeding his growth and muscle mass, making him extremely strong and agile in comparison to the average human.
Given a uniform, a bullet proof shield, and the name ‘Captain America,’ Steve was sent off as a counter-intelligence agent and used as counter propaganda against the Germans. He became a symbol of freedom for the rest of the world, somewhat like a mascot, when he wasn’t off doing his job.
The Tesseract, inevitably what assisted in Steve’s powers, quickly became the bane of his existence. In an attempt to keep the energy source out of detrimental hands, Steve was forced to fly his plane into the Arctic ocean to keep it from detonating dangerous weapons. Stark is able to recover the Tesseract later, but it is Steve who is stuck in a 1940s style hospital room for 70 plus years until he awakens suddenly to a radio broadcast and runs straight into modern Times Square.
Let the culture shock begin.
When Nick Fury contacted him once again about the Tesseract, Steve was less than eager to get involved. But as an obligation to the world and to his people, he reluctantly fell back into the Avengers Initiative and quickly stood up to take the place of unofficial leader. He’s thankful that he did, if nothing else then for the friendships.
Old fashioned and a leader at heart, most see Steve as trustworthy and loyal, and for all that he is. He is frequently haunted by nightmares of his past, has trouble sleeping, and spends a good majority of his time among The Avengers arguing with Tony Stark or attempting to understand modern jokes. He is sensitive in inexplicable ways and furiously passionate towards his causes. A tough shell to break indeed, but a protective one at that.
THE BLACK WIDOW ll NATASHA ROMANOV
CAPTAIN AMERICA ll STEVE ROGERS
HAWKEYE ll CLINT BARTON
IRON MAN ll TONY STARK
THE HULK ll ROBERT BANNER
The Avengers: A group of remarkable individuals assembled to maintain the peace of Earth when threatened.
The year is 2014, two years after Loki’s attempted takeover of humanity. The Avengers have all gone their separate ways to lead relatively normal lives. However, they still remain in contact as best as they can, each keeping a watchful eye on the Earth and what is happening around it. Each has come to the realization that outside forces are not always what threaten humanity, but it is humanity itself.
As a result, Captain America and Iron Man have decided to keep even closer tabs on the other Avengers, with S.H.I.E.L.D not far behind. Their meetings have become more and more frequent, with the ominous foreboding that the world may be ready to go from bad to worse and perhaps not simply from just alien forces.
With danger on the horizon, it’s up to the Avengers to step up again and make sure order and peace is maintained. Whether it be from the shadows or in the middle of the fight, they are prepared to do whatever is necessary to continue protecting their planet.
This is a community built mostly for networking and to gather those interested in RPing the Avengers or Post-Avengers. It is open to anyone, old or new!
Due to the limitation of Avengers characters, we are allowing five of each hero and individual. So that means there may be five Captain Americas, five Iron Man(s), etc… You do not have to interact with just one of that select character. The idea is for you to be able to act with multiple other Avengers and develop entirely separate storylines. We may raise the character cap in the future, depending on interest.
If you are interested in playing a character, please proceed on and read the Rules.
1. Once you have completed that stage, message either oldfashionedinitiative, duplicitous-sovereign , or send a message to the main blog: avengedandassembled. You will need to include your characters name (obviously the hero one) ,your email, and the secret phrase. YOU MAY RESERVE A CHARACTER FOR 48 HOURS. PLEASE MESSAGE US WITH THE CHARACTER YOU’D LIKE TO PLAY AND YOUR BLOG NAME FOR THEM IF YOU DESIRE TO DO SO.
2. Once we have gone through your blog and deemed everything appropriate we will send you a message and invite to the main blog. Make sure you follow it as well!
3. After getting the invite, please make a post to the blog with a description of your character and a few pictures. Refer to this post if you need help. TAG IT WITH member.
4. Add everyone and don’t be afraid to message them! Make sure you acknowledge your followers or send them asks!
1. OOC does not equal IC. Please keep the drama separate and your OOC conversations in brackets or tagged. That being said, don’t be afraid to communicate outside of Roleplay. MSN Is a magical land and you will frequently see your admins dorking off OOC.
2. You may do action roleplays but often a lot of individuals prefer paragraph. You know your character better than anyone else, so you can make that judgment.
3. Try to keep your character as… IC as possible. A little dorking off is not frowned upon, but we don’t need the Hulk dancing around in a tutu.
5. Please post at least twice a week. We don’t care if it’s to your own blog or the member blog, we just want to keep you active. If you are inactive for more a week without contacting an admin, we will remove you from the blog.
6. The password is Steve Rogers is better than Tony Stark
7. Please don’t be afraid to be a dork. We’re all nutcases here.
8. NO GOD MODDING. Yes, there are a lot of battle scenes, but be careful.
9. There may be NSFW stuff among the blogs. We don’t care if you go for yaoi or yuri. It’s pretty much whatever to us. Just put your smut or excessive gore under a cut.
10. You are welcome to do AUs or make your plots as original as you want! This is basically freelancing here. We set the blog up to be Post-Avengers, but you are more than welcome to do pre-Avengers or during Avengers, etc.
11. Have fun!
Once you have read the Rules, head on back to the Information post to take the next few steps.